Venue Spotlight: InterContinental Milwaukee!
Corporate events are about so much more than the doors guests walk through to enter the party of the year. An experience is created that needs to live up to the brand. Having a great team to walk you through that potentially overwhelming process can be make all the difference in making the most of the experience.
InterContinental Milwaukee is set to get a facelift in the coming year or so with a brand new look and concept for this premiere downtown location! The new concept is “art hotel,” and the art collections will be personally curated by Linda Marcus. They plan to be available for booking by summer of 2019.
The team of Theresa, Bryant, and Kara at InterContinental Milwaukee make using their beautiful modern space an obvious choice. Not only are they fantastic event professionals but they are really fun to hang out with!
Theresa Wolf – Senior Events Manager
Favorite Adult Beverage: Fun martini with fruit or herb flavors
Favorite Junk Food: Kopps custard or pizza
Kara Johnson – Events Manager
Favorite Adult Beverage: Prosecco
Favorite Junk Food: Anything covered in chocolate!
Bryant Banda – Events Manager
Favorite Adult Beverage: Vodka Club Soda
Favorite Junk Food: Anything that isn’t good for you!
Fun Facts about InterContinental Milwaukee
- In 2006, the hotel was acquired by Marcus as a Wyndham. Within a year they remodeled and rebranded as InterContinental Milwaukee.
- Next year they will be updating again as an independent art hotel. The art collections will be personally curated by Linda Marcus. They plan to be available for booking by summer of 2019.
- The staff really focuses on the food and beverage experience, which is served by the same kitchen that runs Kil@wat, the 2nd floor restaurant.
- The InterContinental Milwaukee has a tenured events team, and clients work with the same coordinator from the time they sign their contract all the way through their event.
- The packages are no-nonsense and all-inclusive.
- The InterContinental Milwaukee has in-house catering, beverage service, event planning, and guest rooms.
- The location is great for out-of-town and conference attendees to explore Milwaukee.
InterContinental Milwaukee hosts corporate parties or conferences.
Both the upper and lower ballrooms are available as well as conference rooms on the 3rd floor that hold 20-30 attendees. A custom menu is available for small groups.
An advantage to booking a smaller venue like InterContinental Milwaukee is that if you’re hosting 150-200 attendees, you are the main event in the building instead of one of several.
Food and beverage service, event planning, as well as packages that include sourcing linens (BBJ), florals (Belle Fiori), and other vendors are available to corporate clients.
The InterContinental Milwaukee is a modern hotel located at 139 E. Kilbourn Ave. It features two ballrooms:
- The Grand Salon can host up to 400 people
- The Lobby Salon can host up to 120 people
Visit their website for more information.
Contact the team by calling 414.276.8686
Don’t forget to follow them on social media!
You can always contact the Front Room Studios team to learn more about events at InterContinental Milwaukee or our commercial photography and videography.
Call us 414.294.0080
Email us at email@example.com